About Right Track
Vision and Mission Statement
Under the Vision and Mission statements/umbrella of the Carey Community, the Right Track Foundation is an aspirational program to create relationships between metro, rural, remote indigenous and non-indigenous young people through their common gifting of athletics.
To increase educational, leadership and community service aspirations and ability in young indigenous and remote people through developing their natural athletic talent, leadership capacity, leadership capacity and academic potential in the context of a Christian witness and community
- Provide educational opportunities through Carey Baptist College and the Carey Christian Faith Community to remote aboriginal students.
- Empower aboriginal and remote youth to become servant hearted leaders in their communities.
- Provide an aspirational program – where athletes involved (metro, rural, remote, indigenous and non-indigenous) aspire to achieve at schooling through their athletics.
- To provide positive role models and mentors and increase the social resources of the student/athletes particularly the remote and indigenous youth.
- To support and promote athletes coming together and walking in each others shoe showing tolerance developing understanding to each others cultures, contexts and beliefs.
Mr Graeme Watson – Teacher at Carey Baptist College and CCATS Coach
Mr Matt Izett – Managing Director of Ranger Drilling
Mrs Julie Izett – Chief Financial Officer of Ranger Drilling
Mr Jacko Whitby – Legendary Indigenous Coach in Geraldton
Dr Carolyn Montgomery – Dean of Students at Carey Baptist College
Miss Alanna Doig – State and National medallist.
- Coach, mentor and athlete with CCATS
- Occupational Therapist
Mr Mark Wagenaar – Business Manager at Carey Baptist College
Mr David Kilpatrick – Senior Pastor at Carey Baptist Community Church
- Former Director of Williams and Hughes Legal Firm
Mr Rowan Clark – Principal at Carey Baptist College
Mr Charles Kyle White – 22 years of USA College and University coaching and recruiting.
- Coached in University of Texas-Arlington, University of Arkansas and most recently Stanford University.
- Guest coach and speaker at Geraltdton athletics camp, October 2013 and 2014.
Mr Chris Punch - Chris works a an electrician and is a multiple state medalist in the 400m and 800m. He regularly competes at nationals. He is also the President of Canning Districts Athletics Club.
Mr Wesley Salisbury - Wes is currently doing post graduate studies in Exercise Physiology at the University of Western Australia. He has won the state Decathlon title for the past two years and competed at Nations. He has completed internships with the West Coast Eagles and Perth Wild Cats and is currently working with a local SBL team. He is also a treasure at Canning Districts Athletics Club.
Miss Alanna Doig - Alanna was an outstanding junior athlete medaling in the 800m at All Schools Nationals and clearing 1.70m in high jump. She went on to study Occupational Therapy and is currently working in this field. She also competes regularly and focuses on the heptathlon. She is the secretary of Canning Districts Athletics Club.
Mr Thomas Brennan - Tom has won the state high jump title 6 times and won a bronze medal at the Australian Nationals in 2015 clearing 2.15m. He medalled at the Commonwealth youth games as a junior
Mr Terry Price - Terry is currently studying to become a massage therapist and preparing for his second Australian Team as part of the Paralympic team competing in Ecuador. He will be competing in the 100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m and 4x400m
Miss Hannah Elbers - Hannah is currently studying Health Sciences at the University of Notre Dame before moving into Physical Educational Teaching. She has won state medals as a junior in long jump, high jump, javelin, 400m hurdles and 800m. She currently works as a swimming teacher.
Mr Luke Coldrey - Luke is currently studying Bio Chemistry at Curtin University. He has won state medals in the under 20 Decathlon and open 4x400m team.
Mr Cameron Burns - Cameron is a teacher at Carey Baptist College and coach for CCATS (Carey Canning Athletics Training Squad). As an athlete he competed in the sprints and now coaches the sprints and throws.